To be a "One Stop Agency" tasked with monitoring and coordinating road safety programs encompassing the aspects of Education, Enforcement, Engineering and Environment or better known as the ‘4E’ and prove the sustained ability through key ability index (KAI) evaluation. To provide an honest, trustworthy and efficient service to all road users.
- To identify and develop road safety programs to increase knowledge, awareness and skill amongst the Indian road users.
- To promote changing attitudes and behaviors of drivers contributing to making Indian roads safer and reducing road trauma.
- To prevent death and injury on the roads through education of all road users and campaigning for Governance improvements to road safety.
- To promote a positive attitude of law enforcement officials and infuse a sense of courtesy and safety awareness among road users.
- To monitor relevant road statistics both locally and internationally on an ongoing basis in order to effect improvements.
- To promote advocacy on specific road safety issues in influencing, informing and assisting decision and or policy formulation.
- To rise awareness about road traffic injuries, their grave consequences and enormous costs to the society.
Our TargetsWe have set an aggressive target to achieve a 30 per cent decrease in the number of people fatally or seriously injured on our roadways by the year 2015. We will achieve this target in each Division by meeting the following objectives:
- Achieve a 95% minimum seat belt wearing rate and proper use of child restraints .
- Reduce the number of road injuries fatal and serious due to drinking and driving by 40%.
- Reduce the number of unbelted occupants killed or seriously injured by 40% .
- Reduce the number of drivers killed or seriously injured in speed and intersection related crashes by 20%.
- Reduce the number of young drivers/riders (16-19 years) killed or seriously injured in crashes by 30%.
- Reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured in crashes involving commercial carriers by 20%.
- Reduce the number of vulnerable road users (pedestrians, motorcyclists and cyclists) killed or seriously injured by 30%.
- To launch time bound short term pilot projects in target areas to evaluate affectivity of new strategy.
- To develop a PPP network to increase our members' ability to detect traveling criminals, gather relevant information and direct it to concerned intelligence systems.
- To continue placing high priority to public perceptions and open Odisha Public Safety Portals to learn, upload comments and give their feed back and information.
- To significantly reduce health and social costs pertaining to traffic crashes..